Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello everyone!!

I used to have a blog over at myquiltblog-but its been deleted twice and I just don't have the energy to redo it again.

We are a military family, just recently relocated from Japan to Washington State. We moved into our house last week and I'm currently being overrun by boxes. I was on the last ten or so-mostly crafts and stuff to organize and those darn movers showed up with all of our stuff that's been in storage for three years. Really, do we need it after three years? Probably not.

I've been quilting for about 18 years, on and off, mostly off. Not quite sure why I didn't quilt more before I had kids, but I didn't. Now, I just can't seem to find much time.

The good news is that our house affords me space to set up an area in our master bedroom to quilt and leave my machine out. In Japan, we had a very small house and I had to take it out and put it back after I used it so we could eat on the dining room table. This was also our schoolroom table. Needless to say, I didn't quilt much.

Since arriving in WA, I went on a wonderful quilt shop hop with a lady I met at the campground we were staying out. How fun, to find a quilter next door in a campground. I've been itching to get moving on my quilting but didn't have the machine (it was on its way from Japan) so I worked on hand quilting my son's quilt. I'm almost done with that but I'm having issues with the large belly. My due date is August 24th, but I will be having a scheduled csection the week before.

I have four children now. The oldest is our only son. He is almost eleven. The next three are 8,6, and 21 months. The newest addition is also a girl. Only five weeks left and no idea on a name yet. Any suggestions?

I've just tried to post some photos of quilts past done, but can't get onto photobucket. I'll try again later.

Until then, happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the troubles over at the other blog - but it is good to see you here! :o)

    ReplyDelete