- TL got his driver's license!!! Yippee! Freedom for me! That gives me two nights a week that I'm not running around anymore. Well one, until popcorn sales are over for scouts...I'm the treasurer so I need to collect the money.
- My dad and his wife sold everything and bought an RV to travel full time. He's here right now with a trailer filled with furniture that he has made so I'm trying to reorganize.
- The garden was pretty successful. Didn't get alot of tomatoes but found out that the dog was going in and eating them so next year we will block them off from him. The chickens also foraged so we ended up putting a fence up for them. And we got hit with an early Sept frost that killed the tomatoes.....which was sad because I was just really starting to get some in.
- Canning went well....except for the tomatoes being short (I only got 14 jars of spaghetti sauce and 6 jars of chili), 15 pints of pickled beets, 14 quarts of green beans, 14 quarts of carrots, and 15 jars of apple pie filling....plus 15 quarts of pickles. I need to up the green beans and carrots so I will be expanding that next year.
- We got a pig and a calf. The pig will be butchered in December and the calf will be another year at least. We hope to get two more pigs in the spring and another calf so we always have meat coming in.
- Wood is piled up for the winter. We've had the heat on for a while already because its been chilly and windy.
Well I think that's it. I have new pics of the kids (I think the ones on my sidebar are about three years old) and the quilts I've finished to post on here. Will get that done hopefully by the end of the week.