Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hello, I'm still here!!

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in so long.  Hubby was gone for a month.  In the military, we have a saying, "when your hubby deploys, everything will break." And so it did. 

The fridge in the camper broke.  Thankfully, we own and electric cooler so I was able to keep stuff out there.  It was a pain not having a freezer, so I had to keep running to the store to buy meat and other stuff that wouldn't fit in the fridge.  My laptop starting acting up and is not working now.  And some other minor things didn't work. 

Hubby returned and we tried to relevel the camper to see if that would trigger the fridge.  The hitch got stuck for the fifth wheel in the back of the truck and hubby jumped in to try to fix it.  It was stuck so he jumped over the side and landed on a railroad tie and broke his foot.  Yep, broke.

So, between fixing all the broken stuff, helping him with this foot, and doing homework, I haven't had much sewing time.  I have just finished my final and have two weeks off.  I hope to get lots of sewing done!!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Goodness! Sounds like you are having a rough time. I hope things are going a little smoother now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog through "slow Poke quilters" of which I am one too :)
    How incredible that you live in a traveling house. I always wanted o do that but never have enough money to buy one and what would my hubby do ? He is a sys admin ..Well I homeschooled our one and only son until high school then he went to regular high. He is now married and has 2 little girls whom we love dearly . I have been quilting since 1985 and took a bit of a sabbatical in between the yrs. Im back and trying to sew the way I did before . I cant !!! So now Im piecing like Jinny Beyer everything by hand ! I hope your husband foot heals quickly and that you have a wonderful time in your new surroundings wherever they may be..Izzy

    ReplyDelete