Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I have been quilting, see?

 Hand piecing is going very slow for me.  I can't wait to get my sewing machine out of storage.  We need to find storage for the Navy to move our stuff into and then I can pull some boxes of things out that we'll need.  Luckily, since we were discussing living in the fifth wheel for three years, I packed some things seperately and made the movers label them "camper" so I could find the boxes easier.  My sewing machine and bread machine are in there.

 Both big girls loves horses, so when I came across this horse fabric I got enough to make two quilts.  I have six rows pieced and four of those sewn together.  The light green here, will be a small border before the horse fabric border.  I know the girls will love it.

 On the side bar, you'll notice that I have two BOM's going on.  One starts this month and the other is this Christmas one.  Sadly, I haven't even started the Christmas one so I need to get moving on that.  The pumpkin one arrives this month and I can't wait!

 I found this pattern while shopping in OR with my friend, Connie.  I love it.  Just have to get some fabric.  The nice thing about living in the fifth wheel is that I don't have a fabric stash so I have to BUY!  Shhhh, don't tell my hubby.



This is daddy and the kids watching a movie in the back part of the fifth wheel.  The queen size couch is great because it fits all of us!! 


Have a wonderful quilty weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Those horse quilts look terrific! I'mm sure the girls will llove them. Yeah, working by hand is not fast. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete