Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Sad.....

I looked at one of my friend's blogs this week and saw her awesome quilts and how she decorated for Halloween.  I don't have any!!!!  In fact, almost all of my quilts are "utility" quilts.  I don't have any for decoration!!!!!

So, I've decided to take the three years we're living in here to work on decoration quilts for my home.  Whether it be table runners, wall hangings, or full size quilts, I'm going to get them done.

First, however, I have to work on some quilts for the camper.  I have TL's quilt to finish quilting.  The older girls are being pieced right now.  I haven't looked for fabric or patterns for the little ones yet....soon, soon.  My goal is to have them done by Christmas.   Can I do it?

If I do, then I can work on the little girls, which don't have to be very big cause they're small yet.  I can then focus on the one for our bed, cause this comforter is U-G-L-Y!

I have a couple of wallhangings to do for in the camper.  We don't have alot of wall space so this isn't too much of a problem.

Then, I'm going to focus on seasons for our home.  Spring/summer, patriotic, fall, halloween, Christmas, and winter quilts........wallhangings.......tablerunners!!  Yeah!  I hope to have several wallhangings and table runners done and perhaps a large wall quilt.

And then!!  I hope to work on the theme in our home, which will be the Pacific northwest.  I love the mountains and animals there and hope to decorate in that aspect. 

Ambitious right?  I'm going to update my list on the sidebar to see if I can get this all done!!  Perhaps I should focus on a year at a time!!  lol

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great plan. Even if you only get a part of it done, it will be fun to have something to put out the following year and to add on to. Last year was my first time to even think about seasonal runners and I was happy to see them again this year and will probably add to them as well.

    ReplyDelete