Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Trying to get organized

Now that we have FINALLY closed on the house, I'm trying to finish unpacking and getting organized.  Since we will never move again (thank goodness) I am trying to make sure its done and organized correctly the first time.

I'm down to my scrapbooking and quilting supplies.  I dont have a room or closet to put my supplies in.  This house is 75 years old and although I'm very impressed that we have such large closets for such an old home, there aren't any extras. 

Hubby wanted me to put my supplies in the basement.  The old limestone basement.  Uhm, no!

We have a large space that could have housed a closet by the front door.  To be honest, we will probably never use that door at all.  I'm going tomorrow to buy a shelving unit to put up there and hopefully get some of my stuff organized.  I need to start getting settled so I can work on some Christmas projects.  I also need to work on the kids' quilts.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! is all I can say for you! Congrats on the house. I wonder how cozy it will feel in winter? Does it have a working fireplace ??How is the kitchen ? Ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween hope all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete