Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012


Two weeks ago today, I got really ill with the flu.  Coughing, headache, chills so bad I couldnt stop shaking, and then the fever so high I was covered with sweat.  I was in bed from Sunday till Saturday.  Thank goodness we homeschool, I don't think I could have made it without the big kids to help me out.  They nursed me and took care of the two little ones.  I also threw up during the coughing fits so I didn't eat for almost a week.  A week after recovering and I'm still gettting my strength back.  About nine at night, I'm so exhausted that I could fall asleep immediately.

Its taken me a week to get the house back into shape and work on laundry, I'm still playing catch up with that. 

I did manage to buy a shelving unit to put up in our foyer.  Not an ideal place for my scrapbooking and quilting supplies, but at least its out of boxes and neatly organized in one place.  I can't take a picture though because my camera battery has decided to die on me.  I need to get  a new one.  This is a rechargeable and I guess after about ten years, its bit the dust. 

So, here's some photos of the new house:

Lots of cabinets.  Really old cabinets, but they will do until we can do a kitchen remodel.

The back patio of the horse barn.  It has nine stalls all set up in there. 

TL standing in the front yard on the south side of the house.  That fencing goes around the entire property and divides the front four acres into five different pastures.
Morning glories climbing up the chicken barn
View of the horse barn and the garage. 
Our navy friend who lives about thirty  minutes away walking out of the driveway.  Pretty view.
Front of the horse barn
Back of the house

This is the smaller barn on the north side of the property.  We  hope to put our chickens in there.  Right now there's three stalls set up.

I hope to get some hand work done this week so that next week I can work on quilting the littles' quilts.  The big girls' quilts will be hand quilted but I need to sandwich them yet and don't have the energy yet to do that.  Tomorrow night is super busy with Taekwondo and Boy Scouts.  Tuesday night is American Heritage Girls so I won't be home until late then either.  I hope to get some hand work done with at the AHG meeting on Tuesday so at least it won't be a total waste!!

Hope you enjoyed the photos of our new home.  We're very excited and I'm already planning a huge garden and a grove of fruit trees.  Can't wait!


  1. Wow sorry you were so ill, I know a little of it I have been sick 5 weeks now with something that began as an allergy then it turned into sinus stomach upset etc. Hope we both feel better soon.
    We just went through hurricane Sandy and our town was shaken a bit a lot of trees down and power lines..Take care . Izzy

  2. Wow, that must be quite a change from your mobile home! I just love all that wide open space!

  3. Wishing you and yours in your new home a memorable and great Thanksgiving !