Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Feeling lazy

I have pulled out some items to work on for the living room wallhanging.  I just found out my dad is coming in a few weeks so I need to try to get the living and dining room painted and wallhangings done so that he can help me hang up some things while he's here.

I machine quilted around the blocks and meandered the border of one of the princess ballerina quilts.  I'm going to hand quilt some designs inside the blocks.  My machine quilting skills are not good enough to trace things, but that's okay, I enjoy doing it.  I'm too lazy to whip out the camera and take a photo.  Maybe later, we'll see.

I hope today to baste and possible machine quilt the other princess ballerina quilt, cut out pieces for the Civil War wallhanging, and find all the pieces for the wallhanging for the living room.  It seems that I can't find the Debbie Fields book that I need.  Hopefully it will show up soon.

I'll be working on hand piecing the Civil War Wallhanging during swim lessons this week.  We're at the pond about three hours a day for lessons and some swimming time.

I haven't gotten outside to do much.  Its looking a little ghetto out there.  I need to purchase a weed eater because our trim is about two feet high and we have a few spots that the rider can't reach that are pretty tall too.  We did have a push but I burned up the motor.  In my defense, I thought Kevin had checked the oil level when he was home in May (he did tell me it was good to go).  I was using it to cut down the high grass in the ditch when it burned up.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Well, I'm off to pick up the kitchen and run and grab a few groceries.  I hope to come home and get this sewing done since its too wet to do any outside work.  We've have thunderstorms that last three nights that have dumped about three inches of rain on the rain.  Its even too wet to weed, unless I want to get all muddy and I really don't.

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment