Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Busy season

 May through September is always super busy here on the farm.  This year we added potatoes and corn to our garden.  Unfortunately, the green beans and zucchini did not do well this year.  I did manage to make 50 quarts of spaghetti, 19 quarts of chili, 8 pints of pizza sauce, and 8 pints of salsa so far.  We've added 40 quart sized bags of corn to the freezer and I'm not sure about what to do with the potatoes yet.  We have so many and I'm afraid they will go bad before we can eat them all.  Our basement is not the driest so food down there doesn't do well.

In July, the girls were able to attend a very small prom that was put together for homeschool students.  Hallie attended with Courtnee.


We added ducks to the farm this year.  They are certainly entertaining....but they poop everywhere!



On the cutting board:

Working full time with farm life in the summer hasn't been very productive.  I've decided that next year, I will take time off.  Kevin's been hauling sileage so its a 12 hour day 7 days a week gig, for about 10 weeks.  There's just not enough time to get everything done.

Today, is my birthday.  Kevin surprised me by buying a accuquilt machine and some awesome dies for it.  I've been playing all morning long.

Hopefully, I'll be able to use it soon to make some nice projects.  Its just too busy these next few weeks.


2 comments:

  1. It's been ages since I've seen your post in my blog feed. Nice to catch up a bit. My, how those kids have grown! Happy virtual birthday from across the big pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Michelle! The girls have grown up so fast into lovely young ladies. How time flies! Maybe this winter will be slow enough so you can enjoy some quilting.

    ReplyDelete