Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Stay at home order

Our stay at home order has been extended until May 18th.  I am really  not surprised about that.  I'm almost enjoying getting some projects done around the house, although, the weather has made it difficult to clean the garage and barns out.  I hope to have the garage done this weekend, but I need to go and get some shelves to put all the toolboxes and other items on.  

I have made it a point to work on Courtnee's quilt every night for at least 30 minutes.  I hand pieced this quilt 6 years ago and it still isn't done.  I am working on quilitng the borders now, so my goal is to be totally done by the end of the month.  I hand pieced another just like it for Hallie, but she'd prefer a more grown up quilt now, so Kailyn will get this next one.  I need to get one made for Hallie and Tylar.  I don't know if they will be done by the end of the year, but I'm trying. I need to get into the habit of working on them, even if its just for 30 minutes each day.

Here is the quilt I'm currently hand quilting


The above kit is on my cutting board.  I need to get this done.  Living in a farmhouse, I'm decorating lmy farmhouse and I'm enjoying the different wallhangings and such I'm finding to make.  I also have a wonderful fabric to work on a new quilt for the living room.  The current one has been used by us for about 12 years and its about done.  I had found a wonderful barn wallhanging but I'm not sure if I am going to get that or not.  I'm not sure I need another project to do at this point.

I hope to also complete the following projects this year:
  • Halloween quilt
  • pumpkin wallhanging
  • Christmas wallhanging
Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt! It's amazing how much you can get done in 30 minutes a day. The chickens look like a cute project. I see you have another cold front coming through. Good quilting weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our stay at home is through the end of May.

    ReplyDelete