Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2020

I have returned......

It's been almost two years since I've posted so much has happened and our world is upside down now the covid-19.  We are in our fifth week of quarantine and it certainly has changed and challenged our lives.

Update on the last two years:

  • We added cows and goats to our homestead.  We've had several calves and kids born this last year.  
  • This year, we're adding more chicks (egg layers).  The last two years, we raised meat birds but decided not to do that this year.
  • We are increasing our garden this year by adding corn and potatoes.  I am excited to add both of these.  We are also adding 70 strawberry plants and 4 raspberry plants.  We added two pear trees last year and we're adding another one this year along with 2 plum trees and two peach trees.  
  • I finished an introductory course on herbalism this year.  I am adding 6 different herbs to our gardens; echinachea, st. John's wort, mullein, calendula, chamomile, and yarrow.  I've found a nice mulberry bush on our fence line so I'm excited to pick those this year.  I've also foraged elderberry and nettle on our property.  And I can't wait for the dandelions to come in so I can make some dandelion jelly.  I only made one batch last year and it delicious; tastes like honey.
  • I'm working fulltime for a little over a year.   A nice retail job that gives me time to homeschool as I work mostly nights. 



Quilting projects:

  • So many projects so little time. I'm working on hand quilting the quilt for Courtnee that I started several years ago.
  • I have a hen wallhanging I want to get done by the fall
  • A pumpkin wallhanging to get done by the fall
  • I hope to start handquilting Kailyn's quilt in the next month or so.  Hopefully, it won't take me years to get this one done



Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update. It's nice to see you back in the blogging world. I hope you will find time in your busy days to keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. It is so good to be back. I've missed my quilting blogger friends. I see so many that I connected with haven't posted in forever so I'll need to make some new quilting friends. Enjoy!

      Delete