Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2019

still here

November and December are always busy when you work retail.  I started working full time in January.  This and homeschooling has really made me tired.  Too tired most nights to drag anything out to work on.  I've pulled out some hand items to work on and organized them in a bag next to my chair.  I'm also still working on Courtnee's quilt.  Hand quilting takes a while, especially when you don't work on it for months.  So, my focus is to get this quilted this summer and hopefully start quilting Kailyn's quilt.  Tylar likes the Sunbonnet Sue blocks I've worked on so I need to finish those up to start quilting that for her.  

First things first though, I need to get my house in order.  Time to spring clean and declutter.  Its getting crowded in here with all this stuff.  I hope to clean a lot out this summer to enter the winter months in a much better spot and frame of mind.  The schoolroom will also be transformed this summer into a family room with school items in a corner.  This should make a big difference.  I can't get things done when I am overwhelmed with the house being messy and disorganized.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to hear from you. Yes, life can get in the way. As a mother of six and a foster mother as well, I can understand how time just runs off into the distance. I thought when I got "old" things might slow down a bit. Now, I am wondering just how old that might be as the faster I run, the behinder I get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see you are 'still here'! It's amazing how much stuff we can accumulate in such a short period of time. I hope you have some down time soon so you can relax with some quilting.

    ReplyDelete