Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

13 months

It has been 13 months since I last posted.  Probably longer since I've done any quilting.  That saddens me deeply.  Quilting is a great creative outlet for me and an opportunity for me to have some "me" time.  It seems as the kids get older I have less time than when they were little.

I'm still homeschooling and that takes up a good chunk of my days.  I was also attending school online full-time since last summer.  And I started working a part time job in December.  I have many things to do here, around the farm also.  There just never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done.

The garden is planted but we've had five inches of rain since Monday.  I'm successfully growing a bumper crop of weeds.  The flower beds haven't been touched yet (We had a very late winter here and then 6 inches of rain in May that I'm still trying to play catch up from.) I want to redo the flower beds so it may be August before those are done.

We bought 3 more goats (7 total now) and bought 3 pregnant cows.  One has calved and we bought a bottle feed from a neighbor.  We bought 35 laying hens.  My slackers from the past few years, stopped laying well last year and so we have new fresh hens, although it will be September before we have eggs.  We also bought 110 meat birds.  I found a couple that will butcher them very cheaply so we went with it.  Only 55 of the birds are ours, the rest are for 2 friends and Kevin's cousin.  

I have several projects I want to get done this summer.  Many are quilting projects but I really want to organize my genealogy stuff and enter in all the sources that I have.  I also want to get some scrapbooking done as Hallie graduates this next June and I want to have most of it done and not be scrambling.  

I hope to keep up with my blogging more and of course, my quilting.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have not given up completely. I thought as the kids left and I got older, time would slow down a bit, but some of us are just the type to fill every empty space. Hope you can grab time for your quilt projects before long.

    ReplyDelete