Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sunbonnet Sue

In the middle of the year, I started working on a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for Princess and Bug-a-bug.  I kept the blocks in the camper for something to work on while we were out.  I managed to finish six blocks this summer.  Last night, I pulled it out and started working on the fourth.  I'm making two of each block to put in the girls quilts.  Here's the three blocks I've completed:



I'm hoping to get most of them completed while on break from school.  I have until the 10th of January and then I start school again.  I managed not to complete a single wallhanging or panel for Christmas.  I'm currently doing some heavy cleaning this week and should have it all done by Christmas.  I hope to have all of next week to sit in front of the machine and do some sewing.  At least I'll be ready for next year!!

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like an Eleanor Burns Sunbonnet Sue. Too cute. I did one of those and I saw one done that was made out of ties. I have a lot of ties and want to make one with them, one of these days. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never have done a Sunbonnet Sue but it is in my mind waiting for the right time and person.
    Enjoy your Holiday break. They go ever so quickly.

    ReplyDelete